Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bless What Eludes My Grasp

Lord, so many things skitter through my mind,
and I give chase to gather them
and hold them up in a bunch to you,
but they go this way and that
while I go that way and this...
So, gather me up instead
and bless what eludes my grasp but not yours:
trees and bees, fireflies and butterflies,
roses and barbecues, and people...
Lord, bless the people...bless the people:
birthday people,
giving birth people,
being born people;
conformed people,
dying people,
dead people;
hostaged people,
banged up people,
held down people;
leader people,
lonely people,
limping people;
hungry people,
surfeited people,
indifferent people;
first world people,
second world people,
third world people;
one world people,
your people,
all people.
Bless them, Lord.
Bless what eludes my grasp but not yours.

~Ted Loder

No comments:

Post a Comment