Monday, August 10, 2009

Anticipation

Anticipation. Anticipation blocks us from direct experience and keeps us from fully feeling our emotions. This is my lesson today.

I have been anticipating all the trials and difficulties of my trip to India and it has blocked the joy and the excitement I feel about this journey. I am releasing anticipation and I am replacing it with joy and excitement as my time to travel draws near.

Sure there will be difficulties, but that is part of the experience… it is part of the fun of travel; meeting new challenges and finding your way through. It has been my experience that some of the most rewarding and memorable times have been in the middle of a wrong turn or a missed train. It’s part of the fun. Therefore, I am remembering my sense of humor and releasing the thought of difficulties.

I will experience India, in whatever form it takes. I will savor each moment and know that I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment